[pvrusb2] Can't get Hauppauge HVR-1950 to work

Lars Maersk lars.maersk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 04:30:45 CST 2008

The issue with the broken frames is due exclusively to the way I'm using
mplayer. I hadn't even noticed that the digital side is plagued by the same
issue. I followed Mike's suggestion of capturing the file (cat /dev/video1 >
tmp.mpg in my case) and captured over 1 hour's worth of video. The driver is
working perfectly with the latest ArchLinux kernel.

I want to thank this list for the help and particularly Mike for his work on
the driver and the documentation. I had been struggling with this device for
over a week and I thought I had read everything I could about the 1950
(obviously I hadn't). This list solved my problems in less than 24 hours.

Thanks again Yusik and Mike!

Lars