[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 timeout?

Dan Bodoh dan.bodoh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 21:27:24 CST 2008

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Nov 2008, Dan Bodoh wrote:

>> What I decided to do was stick with the current ubuntu driver, and set
>> debug=65535 for the module.  Hopefully I'll get it to die again...
>
> Be careful with those debug settings.  Some of them generate A LOT of
> log messages - some classes of debug info generate messages as a direct

So I stuck with the Ubuntu 8.04 driver, with  debug set to 16K, which
was a reasonable logging level.  I finally got another failure
tonight, complete with the logging.

I do see a difference in the logging between failing and non-failing
cases.  But when I went to look at the driver source, I realized (as
Mike pointed out recently) that the 2.6.24 kernel driver is nothing
like the current code.  In fact, based on my logs, 2.6.24 driver
cannot be any newer than pvrusb2-mci-20071104.  And the subsequent
release had a huge number of changes to streaming and such.

So Plan B: I'm going to run off the bleeding edge driver, with
debugging turned on to 16K, and see if I get another streaming error.

Dan Bodoh