[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 fix in 2.6.27.x stable tree?

devsk funtoos at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 01:20:31 CDT 2008

Its not there in 2.6.27.3...:(

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.27.3

But at least we have workaround...:)

-devsk

----- Original Message ----
From: Mike Isely <isely at isely.net>
To: Communications nexus for pvrusb2 driver <pvrusb2 at isely.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:39:39 AM
Subject: Re: [pvrusb2] pvrusb2 fix in 2.6.27.x stable tree?

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008, Xavier Gnata wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The current problem with usb/pvrusb2 is an important one because it
> prevent us to remove the pvrusb2 module.
>
> IMHO, the fix should go into the 2.6.27 stable tree (I have seen far
> less important fixes in this tree).
> Mike : Do you plan to ask the "stable team" to add one fix?
> Even if the fix is a bit crap, it doesn't matter (see the 2.6.27 /
> 2.6.27.1 diff)...

Absolutely I am going to submit this for the stable tree.

I already have a good fix sitting in my svn repo; I just need to
propagate it forward.  I plan on doing that today.  Beyond that point,
the stable tree maintainer for V4L will have to get it into the kernel
(which I don't expect will be any problem at all).

In the mean time, make sure you have initusbreset=0 as an option when
the pvrusb2 module is loaded and you'll be fine.

isely @ pobox (dot) com