[pvrusb2] How good is support for HVR-1950?

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Oct 27 09:16:55 CDT 2008

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008, roger wrote:

> The only really major bug I'm aware of was just the latest
> kernel release with rmmod, but we've got a quick and straight
> work-around.

And this technically wasn't even the fault of something I had done.
The USB core behavior had changed in a way that broke the driver.  I've
read on lkml that the pvrusb2 driver wasn't the only thing burned by the
USB change.  If anything, I should have (1) listened better when other
users were reporting trouble in Ubuntu's 2.6.27 pre-release kernel and
(2) I then should have tested it too before the stable release.  I
hadn't, because frankly I haven't really done any recent changes that
carried this level of risk.  Silly me, thinking that nothing else around
the driver would screw it up...

isely @ pobox (dot) com