[pvrusb2] OnAir mpeg encoder firmware DIRECTLY available now

Martin Dauskardt martin.dauskardt at gmx.de
Sun Feb 8 04:18:22 CST 2009

http://www.autumnwave.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=127&Itemid=282

> Or go to www.autumnwave.com, select support -> downloads then select the
> Creator & Sasem products, and in that list you will find the encoder
> firmware.  Click the "details" link for the firmware and you'll get to
> the above page.
>
> Please thank the folks at Autumnwave for graciously making their
> firmware for the cx23416 encoder directly available.
I looked into the file with a hex editor. It says "Version 2.04.008". So it
seems to be an older firmware - this one was used with the ivtv driver around
2004.
The current recommended firmware v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw for ivtv is Version
2.06.039 (http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/ivtv/firmware/ivtv-firmware.tar.gz)
which has a size of 368 kB (the extra size is zeropadding and is ignored by
the ivtv + pvrusb2 driver). Does this firmware not work with those models? I
always thought the firmware was generic and manufacturer-independent.
Do pvrusb2 devices in generally work better with other firmware versions than
the one used by ivtv devices?

@ Hans Verkuil:
http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Firmware_versions is obsolete; is lists
2.05.032 instead of 2.06.039