[pvrusb2] Some MPEG-controls questions

Carsten Meier cm at trexity.de
Thu Feb 26 03:51:24 CST 2009

Hi again,

now I'm allowing users to change all controls on a channel-switch,
including MPEG ones. (To make the filter-controls accessible) Is it save
to change e.g. V4L2_CID_MPEG_VIDEO_BITRATE_PEAK during streaming? If I
change it during streaming video to vlc through the sysfs-interface,
vlc crashes. But I don't know if this is due to a corrupted stream or
just a bug in vlc. Is it save to change even the stream type? Or should
I better stop and restart streaming on a channel-switch due to possible
stream-parameter changes?

Another less important question: What is meant by "audio emphasis"?

Thanks,
Carsten