[pvrusb2] driver status / update

Hans Verkuil hverkuil at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 14 03:53:28 CST 2009

>>> of
>>> am

>>> already
>>> the
>>>
>>> Problem found.  It's a bug in v4l-dvb, a simple transposition typo.  I
>>> will generate a changeset for that one, which I'm sure will get pulled.
>>> It's blindingly obvious.  This bug has been present in the repository
>>> for over a month and nobody noticed :-(
>>>
>>> I will try to get this finished up tonight.
>>
>> Well it's not completely done yet, but there is something to try if
>> anyone is interested.  Here's a v4l-dvb repository that in theory should
>> be fully working:
>>
>> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mcisely/pvrusb2
>>
>> It includes 6 new changesets, one of which is the fix to allow the
>> cx25840 module to work again with the pvrusb2 driver.
>
> Urgh. That's embarrassing. I replaced my cx25840-based ivtv card with a
> zoran card recently, so I only tested it with my saa7115-based PVR350.
> That's why I never noticed it :-(

Nope, the reason is that it works fine with converted drivers like ivtv,
but not for old drivers (i.e. all others). And I didn't test this
particular case with other drivers (I actually just found this same bug
when I was converting saa7134).

Can you fast-track this fix? Or shall I do this? It must be sent on to
2.6.29 asap as well as this is a rather big regression...

Regards,

         Hans