[pvrusb2] IR receiver vs transmitter

greg pryzby greg at pryzby.org
Thu Jan 15 12:24:19 CST 2009

Interesting... the issue I have is say 4 frontends around the house and
4 1950s connected to STB and need to change channels on the STB. Looks
like this device can transmit to 4 different devices. I don't need the
input as I will have local remotes on each frontend.

Sound right?

Thanks! for the link.

I might fight w/ the IR on the 1950 for a small period of time.

Dan Bodoh wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 12:13 PM, greg pryzby <greg at pryzby.org> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have the transmitter working?
>

> I tried for a while, using information about the pvr150 transmitter and
> using lirc_pvr150.  I became somewhat convinced that the pvr150 transmitter
> "firmware" (not the actual device firmware, but specifically transmitter
> bits) that is available doesn't work for the WinTV-PVR-USB2.  You'd have to
> extract the firmware bits using Windows.
>
> http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p=24 was my source of pvr150 info.
>
> I ended up buying a IguanaIR receiver/transmitter instead.
>
> Dan Bodoh

greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
                                          http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby
BLOG: http://restonartistree.blogspot.com/
WEB:  http://www.RestonArtisTree.com/