[pvrusb2] IR receiver vs transmitter

roccomoretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Thu Jan 15 12:47:23 CST 2009

Dan Bodoh wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 12:13 PM, greg pryzby <greg at pryzby.org> wrote:
 >
> I tried for a while, using information about the pvr150 transmitter and
> using lirc_pvr150.  I became somewhat convinced that the pvr150 transmitter
> "firmware" (not the actual device firmware, but specifically transmitter
> bits) that is available doesn't work for the WinTV-PVR-USB2.  You'd have to
> extract the firmware bits using Windows.
 >
> http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p=24 was my source of pvr150 info.

Do you have a description of how to extract the transmitter firmware? I
tried using the lirc_pvr150 driver with the firmware from Mark's blog
for my HVR-1950, but I get a "lirc_pvr150: i2c_master_send failed with
-5" error from dmesg when modprobe-ing lirc_pvr150. I wonder if that's
related to a transmitter firmware issue.