[pvrusb2] no video...

Bjorn Danielsson pvr-usb2 at dax.nu
Mon Jan 19 14:38:23 CST 2009

Dhimiter Bozo <dhimiter at gmail.com> wrote:
>[...]
> I've connected the tv to both, hdmi and coaxial out and both
> outputs work. when i plug coaxial out in the capture card
> i get just snow flakes, no sound even. [...]

These symptoms are consistent with the pvrusb2 being set to a
non-existent channel. In such a situation, it tries to produce
an MPEG stream but it's just snowflakes. Are you sure that the
cable box passes through the non-premium channels unmodulated
via coaxial? Maybe they took a shortcut so you need to tune in
to a single special UHF channel to see anything. Perhaps you
have checked this already, this was just an idea that popped
into my mind after reading your post.

--
Bjorn Danielsson  <pvr-usb2 at dax.nu>