[pvrusb2] WinTV 1950

roccomoretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Wed Jan 21 09:53:16 CST 2009

Mike Isely wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2009, mike ingardia wrote:
>> The only thing left now is how to get the HD channels to work.  I am
>> guessing that those channels use the "other" digital tuner, and from
>> reading various notes I see that the driver supports this and there is
>> an implication that Myth has to be aware of changing between the two
>> tuners.  Any pointers on how to get the higher HD channels to work.
>>

> Glad to hear you figured out your tuning problem.
>
> As for the MythTV setup, IIRC you need to first set the two sides up as
> separate capture devices, then there's a way to tell MythTV that the two
> are related.  Then MythTV will only ever use one side at a time. ... from
> what I've read elsewhere you need to put both "devices" into the same
> "input group" within MythTV.

That's how I got it to work. One additional note is that by default,
MythTV gets confused and doesn't want to release the digital driver. To
fix this, you'll have to go to the additional options button (the one on
the right - I forget the exact name) in the digital tuner settings.
There will be two settings you'll need to examine: you want to turn
"Open DVB card on demand" to checked, and want to uncheck "Use DVB Card
for active EIT scan" (The active EIT scan is what's keeping the digital
side open. - previous email on the topic:
http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2009-January/002048.html)

This will allow you to actually switch over to the analog tuner.
However, MythTV will no longer scan the over-the-air programming guide
that comes with digital TV. If you use Schedules Direct or do all your
recording via manual recording it's not a big issue, but if you want to
do programming guide recording with over-the-air guide it doesn't work
so well. (MythTV won't change channels to scan for guide information, so
you won't get any new info until you manually change the channel - with
OTA info only extending 12-36 hours, you're likely to miss a recording
that way.)