[pvrusb2] Poor analog picture on HVR-1950 after upgrade to 2.6.28 kernel

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Wed Jun 10 23:24:16 CDT 2009

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009, fivenote wrote:

> I attached a screenshot from mplayer. Notice the cut-off at the right.
> This is my cable input on the analog side of the hvr-1950.
>
> I also get the same results when I plug my camera into the composite
> inputs and play video from the camera.

Interesting.

I vaguely remember seeing strange problems like this a few years ago.
It was ultimately traced to a misconfiguration in the cx25840 module,
which had been triggered due to a missing call from the pvrusb2 driver.
The call in question was for initializing a piece of logic that was
supposed to be irrelevant to the driver but that initialization had a
side effect within the cx25840 module.

Still reading through the thread...