[pvrusb2] Poor analog picture on HVR-1950 after upgrade to 2.6.28 kernel

fivenote fivenote at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 12:16:20 CDT 2009

Roger,

After upgrading to Ubuntu 9.04, I was using the in-kernel pvrusb2
driver. That's when I first noticed the problem (worked fine in Ubuntu
8.10, kernel 2.6.27).

I then downloaded and compiled the "in-V4L" version of the driver from
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb per Mike's instructions at
http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/setup.html#Compilation under the heading
"Compilation and installation of the in-V4L driver".

Going back to last year when I initially setup my hvr-1950, Mike and
some other developers worked it out in the
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb tree and some subtrees. I know it's not
as current as the standalone drive from his site, but that's where
I've been getting my pvrusb2 upgrades.

I noticed Hauppage has an upgraded http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb on
their site dataed around Jan 2010. Could it be I need the latest
firmware from Windows driver?

-vincent

Message: 1