[pvrusb2] Poor analog picture on HVR-1950 after upgrade to 2.6.28 kernel

fivenote fivenote at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 07:17:02 CDT 2009

Mike,

To answer your question...

This started with the stock 2.6.28 kernel from ubuntu without adding
the v4l or standalone pvrusb2 drivers. As soon as I upgraded from
ubuntu 8.10 to 9.04, the problem started. I next compiled and
installed the latest v4l drivers, but got the same results. FWIW, I
never tried the standalone driver, and from your other replies, I
don't think that would have made a difference.

To clear up my other post about the Hauppage drivers... After seeing
the problem, I downloaded the latest Hauppage Windows drivers (v4.5b
from Jan 2009) and extracted the firmware just to be sure I had the
latest. But this had no effect on the problem.

I wonder if this is not being reported by others because it's
happening on the analog chip. Maybe most have switched to digital. I
use both analog and digital. I get over-the-air digital in New York
City. In addition, my building provides a basic analog cable package.

-vincent

VAO - fivenote at gmail.com