[pvrusb2] Poor analog picture on HVR-1950 after upgrade to 2.6.28 kernel

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Jun 12 17:18:37 CDT 2009

Vincent:

Please try one more thing:

> (1) shutdown mythbackend

At this point, power cycle your HVR-1950.  This will cause the pvrusb2
driver to tear down its state and will also (of course) remove any state
held by the device.  This way we can be sure that we're starting in the
same ground state and that MythTV hasn't done something strange.

> (2) cat NTSC-M > ctl_video_standard/cur_val
> (3) ran mplayer /dev/video0
> (4) verified that ctl_video_standard/cur_val = NTSC-M

Even with the above, setting the video standard still should have
cleared up the stripes and gotten you back a color image.  So power
cycling likely isn't going to fix this but it's still worth checking.

Still trying to reproduce the problem here...

  -Mike