[pvrusb2] Poor analog picture on HVR-1950 after upgrade to 2.6.28 kernel

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Jun 12 17:30:39 CDT 2009

Vincent:

I'd also like you to do the following:

0. Shut down mythtv backend (if running).

1. Power device off.

2. Wait about 2-3 seconds.

3. Power device on.

4. Wait about 5-7 seconds (to allow the driver to fully initialize so
you can get the log messages).

5. Run dmesg, save to a file and send that to me.

6. Stream some video with mplayer, either composite input or an analog
RF signal (if you can).

7. While streaming, do "cat /sys/class/pvrusb2/*/debuginfo".  Capture
output, send to me.

8. Run dmesg again - you'll see a new block reporting "card status".
This is an additional effect from cat'ing debuginfo (a log request is
generated to all associated drivers).  Capture that block to a file and
send it to me.

That should be enough for me to figure out what state the hardware is
getting into, either so I can solve it or at least be able to reproduce
the behavior here.