[pvrusb2] Poor analog picture on HVR-1950 after upgrade to 2.6.28 kernel

Roger rogerx at sdf.lonestar.org
Fri Jun 12 23:27:43 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 23:34 -0400, fivenote wrote:
> My ctl_resolution_ver/cur_val was 480.
>
> I set it to 720 and mplayer looked normal!
>
> I restarted mythbackend, started mythfrontend and it looks like myth
> put ctl_resolution_ver/cur_val back to 480. I forced it back to 720
> and myth looks normal as well - not cropped, no lines. It may be a bit
> zoomed, but I can't tell just yet.
>
> -vincent

The likely reason why MythTV put the resolution to 480 is likely because
it is set within either (or both):

TV Settings > Playback
TV Settings > Recording Profiles

I'm guessing w/i the recording profiles, as mythbackend will record in
the background.  (Playback Settings isn't likely read until mythfrontend
is executed.)

I have always recorded at max resolution.

If you look closely, 720 will even be off centered to the right by a few
pixels. ;-)  It becomes noticeable after one sees 640 resolution because
@640, the screen is far off-centered to the right.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org