[pvrusb2] cx25840 video scaler is broken [was: Poor analog picture on HVR-1950 after upgrade...]

Roger rogerx at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Jun 14 19:55:44 CDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 07:55 -0700, Nicholas Robbins wrote:

> --- On Sat, 6/13/09, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:
>
> > It's even stranger that nobody noticed this until now -
> > HVR-1950 was
> > declared supported well over a year ago.  But likely
> > most people using
> > the HVR-1950 are probably only running it in digital mode
> > and thus don't
> > get hit by this.  Or maybe others have independantly
> > figured out that
> > 720 works and just haven't bothered to warn me about
> > it.

> >   -Mike
> >

> > --
>
> I use it only in analog mode through mythtv. The wiki at mythtv.org points to this:
>
> http://sray.squidpower.com/2009/02/18/hauppauge-wintv-hvr-1950-on-linux-mythbuntu-mythtv-analog-digital-video-including-s-video-and-composite-inputs/

Never knew about this site either.  Isn't much use except noting the fact,
"using mythtv-setup as user instead of root" will spawn errors when accessing
/dev/video0 for the HVR-1950.

I never knew this until now.  How irritating this wasn't posted to the
pvrusb2 mailing list!

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org