[pvrusb2] state of the driver

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Jun 16 20:11:27 CDT 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Roger wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-06-15 at 08:20 -0500, Mike Isely wrote:
> > On Sun, 14 Jun 2009, Roger wrote:
>
> > > Any tips on how to initialize the FM radio?  (Although, granted, it
> > > might be more fruitful to spend time on the digital radio spectrum
> > > instead of analog h/w.)
> > >

> > Sorry no FM radio support on HVR-1950.  When I said "fully supported"
> > earlier what I really meant was "fully supported except for the FM
> > radio".
>
> I knew this.  I'm curious as to what the show-stopper is?  An
> undocumented tuner chip?

Well it's a different tuner chip and apparently there are some internal
issues with how the tuner's driver is setting it up.  I don't know the
specifics; it's out of my depth currently.

However AFAIK the pvrusb2 driver is doing all the right things.  At the
moment the pvrusb2 driver marks the HVR-1950 as not having FM radio
capability since it still doesn't work there.  Last Sunday night after
finishing up with the fixes for cx25840 video scaling, I re-tested this
just to be sure, with no success.