[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20090626

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Jun 26 16:22:41 CDT 2009

A new pvrusb2 driver snapshot is available.  The driver changes are:

  (+) Fix compilation issue in pvrusb2-devattr.c for kernels older
      than 2.6.31.  An earlier tweak there relies on a struct change
      that only appears in kernel 2.6.31 (or v4l-dvb).  Conditionalize
      the change appropriate to the environment.

  (+) Enable DVB usage in the standalone driver when compiling under
      kernels 2.6.26 or later.  Previously this was only enabled when
      building against v4l-dvb.  Without this change, support for the
      digital side of the HVR-1950/HVR-1900 would have been missing.
      Several people have gotten hit by this but I had failed to
      realize the root cause - that the DVB portions of the pvrusb2
      driver were simply disabled - until now.  D'Oh!!!

For some IDIOT reason I had CONFIG_VIDEO_PVRUSB2_DVB disabled when
building the standalone driver - effectively killing the ability to
use the digital side of the HVR-1950/1900.  This error was specific to
the standalone driver - the code itself was correct but the build
configuration was fouled up.  This has been the case ever since
HVR-1950 was made available.  Once I fixed this I immediately hit
several compilation issues (one configuration related, the other due
to a 2.6.31-specific change), also fixed now.

As usual, the pvrusb2 web site can be found at:

  http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.html