[pvrusb2] problems compiling the latest snapshot

Aljaž Prusnik prusnik at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 17:02:43 CDT 2009

On pet, 2009-06-26 at 16:39 -0500, Mike Isely wrote:
> Aljaz:
>
> Issue (4) was brought to my attention a few hours ago, which then caused
> me to wonder why I didn't catch it with the older kernel
> test-compilations.  That caused me to discover issue (1).  Then after
> fixing issue (1), I got burned by issue (3).

:) Glad to have helped a bit. Thanks for the fixes.

> All of this craziness should be fixed now with the snapshot just now
> released.  Please grab that and try a build.  Please ALSO follow what
> the pvrusb2 web documentation says here - don't copy any headers into
> the driver, make sure you have a kernel tree nearby, etc.  You should
> get a clean build now.

Yes, this issue is now solved. The driver compiled cleanly and I did the
make install thing as well.

But still when trying to tune in I still get those nasty "_read_regs:
ERROR" and "_ir_cal_init" I reported already from another computer
(that's two different hardware sets - a custom AMD PC and an HP laptop -
and same OS (Debian testing)).
I'm pretty confident I could rule out the OS so I figure it must be
something different with the European version of 1950 that's causing
different (e.g. non-working) behaviour.