[pvrusb2] problems compiling the latest snapshot

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Mon Jun 29 15:32:37 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Aljaž Prusnik<prusnik at gmail.com> wrote:
> On pet, 2009-06-26 at 16:39 -0500, Mike Isely wrote:
>> Aljaz:
>>
>> Issue (4) was brought to my attention a few hours ago, which then caused
>> me to wonder why I didn't catch it with the older kernel
>> test-compilations.  That caused me to discover issue (1).  Then after
>> fixing issue (1), I got burned by issue (3).
>>

> :) Glad to have helped a bit. Thanks for the fixes.
>

>> All of this craziness should be fixed now with the snapshot just now
>> released.  Please grab that and try a build.  Please ALSO follow what
>> the pvrusb2 web documentation says here - don't copy any headers into
>> the driver, make sure you have a kernel tree nearby, etc.  You should
>> get a clean build now.
>
> Yes, this issue is now solved. The driver compiled cleanly and I did the
> make install thing as well.
>
> But still when trying to tune in I still get those nasty "_read_regs:
> ERROR" and "_ir_cal_init" I reported already from another computer
> (that's two different hardware sets - a custom AMD PC and an HP laptop -
> and same OS (Debian testing)).
> I'm pretty confident I could rule out the OS so I figure it must be
> something different with the European version of 1950 that's causing
> different (e.g. non-working) behaviour.

Can you test the v4l-dvb tree from linuxtv.org (*not* the standalone
pvrusb2 driver) and tell me if this issue persists?

The TDA18271 getting i2c errors is an issue that I identified and
fixed weeks ago -- maybe you're mixing and matching bad versions...
If you test the master v4l-dvb tree on linuxtv.org, all should be
working well.

Please let me know if that works fine.

Assuming it DOES work properly, then please try to install the
standalone pvrusb2 driver against the v4l-dvb sources -- this should
*not* re-introduce the same issue.  Please let us know if otherwise.

Regards,

Mike Krufky