[pvrusb2] HVR-1950 - bad video quality

stan schultz sschultz.or at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 23:17:20 CDT 2009

My first HVR-1950 was DOA.  went back to the store and got a new one.  It
works much better. On WIndows it captures video that looks as good as the
direct TV in analog mode.  But on my Linux box, the video is very bad
quality.  It looks like the problem is the synchronization of the start of
the scan lines.  They start at a random location between 0 and about 20
pixels from the left edge of the screen.  This happens both with Mythtv and
with mplayer (both at 720x480 resolution).  Do you have any ideas on what's
wrong?

Thanks,

Stan