[pvrusb2] HVR-1950 - bad video quality

stan schultz sschultz.or at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 01:22:22 CDT 2009

Sorry about the huge files.. I must admit I am kind of at a loss for some of
the parameters.  But I did dump "all" of the parameters.  I am hooked up to
"Plain Analog Cable".  Nothing exciting.  All Tv's and the cablemodem seem
to work fine, so I doubt that it is a signal problem.  Here are the
parameters:

./ctl_brightness/cur_val 128
./ctl_contrast/cur_val 68
./ctl_saturation/cur_val 64
./ctl_hue/cur_val 0
./ctl_volume/cur_val 62000
./ctl_balance/cur_val 0
./ctl_bass/cur_val 0
./ctl_treble/cur_val 0
./ctl_mute/cur_val false
./ctl_crop_left/cur_val 0
./ctl_crop_top/cur_val 0
./ctl_crop_width/cur_val 720
./ctl_crop_height/cur_val 480
./ctl_cropcap_pixel_numerator/cur_val 0
./ctl_cropcap_pixel_denominator/cur_val 0
./ctl_cropcap_bounds_top/cur_val 0
./ctl_cropcap_bounds_left/cur_val 0
./ctl_cropcap_bounds_width/cur_val 0
./ctl_cropcap_bounds_height/cur_val 0
./ctl_input/cur_val television
./ctl_audio_mode/cur_val Stereo
./ctl_resolution_hor/cur_val 720
./ctl_resolution_ver/cur_val 480
./ctl_srate/cur_val 48 kHz
./ctl_frequency/cur_val 175250000
./ctl_channel/cur_val 0
./ctl_freq_table_value/cur_val 0
./ctl_freq_table_channel/cur_val 0
./ctl_streaming_enabled/cur_val false
./ctl_usb_speed/cur_val High
./ctl_master_state/cur_val ready
./ctl_signal_present/cur_val 65535
./ctl_audio_modes_present/cur_val Mono
./ctl_video_standard_mask_available/cur_val PAL-M PAL-N PAL-Nc NTSC-M
NTSC-Mj NTSC-Mk ATSC-8VS ATSC-16V
./ctl_video_standard_mask_active/cur_val NTSC-M
./ctl_video_standard/cur_val NTSC-M
./ctl_audio_layer/cur_val Layer II
./ctl_audio_bitrate/cur_val 224 kbps
./ctl_mpeg_audio_mode/cur_val Stereo
./ctl_mpeg_audio_mode_extension/cur_val Bound 4
./ctl_audio_emphasis/cur_val No Emphasis
./ctl_audio_crc/cur_val No CRC
./ctl_video_aspect/cur_val 4x3
./ctl_video_b_frames/cur_val 2
./ctl_video_gop_size/cur_val 15
./ctl_video_gop_closure/cur_val true
./ctl_video_bitrate_mode/cur_val Variable Bitrate
./ctl_video_bitrate/cur_val 6000000
./ctl_video_bitrate_peak/cur_val 8000000
./ctl_video_temporal_decimation/cur_val 0
./ctl_stream_type/cur_val MPEG-2 Program Stream
./ctl_video_spatial_filter_mode/cur_val Manual
./ctl_video_spatial_filter/cur_val 0
./ctl_video_luma_spatial_filter_type/cur_val 1D Horizontal
./ctl_video_chroma_spatial_filter_type/cur_val 1D Horizontal
./ctl_video_temporal_filter_mode/cur_val Manual
./ctl_video_temporal_filter/cur_val 8
./ctl_video_median_filter_type/cur_val Off
./ctl_video_luma_median_filter_top/cur_val 255
./ctl_video_luma_median_filter_bottom/cur_val 0
./ctl_video_chroma_median_filter_top/cur_val 255
./ctl_video_chroma_median_filter_bottom/cur_val 0

A ideas?

Stan