[pvrusb2] Any rumors on a new h/w version of HVR-1950 being released?

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue May 5 20:50:29 CDT 2009

On Tue, 5 May 2009, Roger wrote:

  [...]

> I intend to use the HVR-1950 on MythTV to record.  But wondering if
> playing the live ATSC high definition using mplayer with it's hacks to
> resize the video before playing it will allow one to view live tv on a
> slow CPU.

That I seriously doubt would work.  The mpeg decode step generally has
to happen in the processor and that limits your bottom end which is
probably going to be at least P4-class 2.4GHz or better before it is
going to work for HD video.

> With your hint of failure with configuring for MythTV, I'll be sure to
> take plenty of notes while configuring MythTV and post 'em here.

Actually this is getting off-topic.  I'll take part of the blame, but
this list is supposed to be about the pvrusb2 driver not MythTV.  There
are other lists for MythTV - or if you have a lot of detail like I did
one time when I set up my diskless multiple front-end config, put up a
web page about it.