[pvrusb2] Performance Report for HVR-1950 on slow CPU (Intel 2x750 P3)

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Fri May 29 00:31:20 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Roger <rogerx at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> = MythTV =
> I had some problems setting up MythTV (mythtv-setup) for using the
> HVR-1950.  I knew it had the usual MPEG Analog tuner type, but couldn't
> figure-out which capture card type to use for the ATSC tuner within the
> HVR-1950.  Finally figured it out to be "IVTV DB" and just used the
> defaults (used "tone" for signal detection?).

Set it up as a DVB 3.0 device.  Don't let the name, "DVB" mislead
you... In Linux-land, "DVB" refers to DVB, ATSC and more.

Other than that, the analog functionality should be exactly the same
as a pvrusb2, and the digital "ATSC/DVB" functionality is the same of
any other digital tuner/capture device.

-Mike Krufky