[pvrusb2] My HVR-1950 IR Remote does work

Roger rogerx at sdf.lonestar.org
Fri May 29 23:42:47 CDT 2009

My HVR-1950 IR Remote does work.

=app-misc/lirc-0.8.4a
=sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.29-r5

# uname -a
Linux localhost2.local 2.6.29-gentoo-r5Y #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue May 26
11:39:09 AKDT 2009 i686 Pentium III (Coppermine) GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Box numbers are:

75111 LF
REV C3E9

Buttons that do work on the remote are "Red" "OK" "CH+" "CH-"

I also have a $HOME/.mythtv/lircrc.  Everything IR related here on this
box was setup 1-2+ years ago to work with the original older PVRUSB2
device.  When I got the HVR-1950, I only extracted the most recent
firmwares from the Hauppauge website using the pvrusb2 Linux perl
script.

Is it possible the latest firmwares released from Hauppauge made the IR
remote work?  I've yet had time to further figure-out exactly how many
buttons work & don't work.  I can do this easily, but won't have time
until winter here.  (I only 2 more months of warm weather to get
everything outside completed here. :-/)

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org