[pvrusb2] HVR-1950 on the SheevaPlug (Ubuntu Jaunty)

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Thu Oct 1 08:50:49 CDT 2009

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Kai Boenke wrote:

> 2009/9/29 Mike Isely <isely at isely.net>:
> > On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Kai Boenke wrote:

   [...]

> I am missing my DVB-Device completely. Neither /dev/dvb nor anything
> similar are available. /sys/dvb is empty and dmesg does not mention it
> at all. Someone else had an output like this:
>
> [   21.405976] pvrusb2: registered device video1 [mpeg]
> [   21.405980] DVB: registering new adapter (pvrusb2-dvb)
>
> However, I could not find anything related to pvrusb2-dvb. Here are
> the DVB-settings of my kernel:

   [...]

I didn't see CONFIG_VIDEO_PVRUSB2_DVB in that list.  That configuration
option enables compilation of the DVB parts of the driver.  Take a look
at drivers/media/video/pvrusb2/Kconfig to see the explanation.  It
defaults to being enabled; not sure why you're missing it here.

On a slightly related note, are you the same person that appeared on
channel #pvrusb2 on IRC recently?  I ask because it looks like he's
talking about the same problem.