[pvrusb2] HVR 1950 Remote.

Nicholas Robbins nickrobbins at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 09:32:24 CDT 2009

Success!

I was able to get the remote working. All I had to do was upgrade to 2.6.28. The hard part was getting my other tuner to work. (I won't bother you about that here.)

My configuration is:
kernel: 2.6.28-gentoo-r5
pvrusb2: (in kernel)
lirc: 0.8.6-r1 (gentoo ebuild, built with LIRC_DEVICES="hauppauge" )
lirc modules: lirc_i2c and lirc_dev.

afaict (using 'udevadm trigger') udev doesn't want to autoload the lirc modules. I may have to tell the boot process to autoload them. I assume putting them in the modules.autoload file should work. I haven't tried out restarting yet, since I just got it working before recordings were scheduled last night. I will probably get that working next week.