[pvrusb2] HVR 1950 Remote.

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Oct 11 15:30:42 CDT 2009

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Nicholas Robbins wrote:

> Success!
>
> I was able to get the remote working. All I had to do was upgrade to 2.6.28. The hard part was getting my other tuner to work. (I won't bother you about that here.)
>
> My configuration is:
> kernel: 2.6.28-gentoo-r5
> pvrusb2: (in kernel)
> lirc: 0.8.6-r1 (gentoo ebuild, built with LIRC_DEVICES="hauppauge" )
> lirc modules: lirc_i2c and lirc_dev.
>
> afaict (using 'udevadm trigger') udev doesn't want to autoload the lirc modules. I may have to tell the boot process to autoload them. I assume putting them in the modules.autoload file should work. I haven't tried out restarting yet, since I just got it working before recordings were scheduled last night. I will probably get that working next week.

Can you point out exactly which LIRC driver you are using in this
configuration?  (I'd expect it to be the pvr-150 variant, but it's
useful to be sure.)

Also when you said "working" was this just for IR reception or have you
been able to get IR *transmit* working as well?  I'm especially curious
about IR blaster functionality because as far as I know right now,
nobody has managed to get that working on the HVR-1950.  The information
I have however is fairly old and right now I'm no better equipped to
test for this than anyone here on this list (i.e. I am *not* an LIRC
expert).