[pvrusb2] pvrusb2 Digest, Vol 50, Issue 3

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Oct 11 15:24:48 CDT 2009

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, Michael wrote:

> Sorry long day, 2.6.28-15 is the kernel version.
>
> Did some digging.  It appears that there have been several changes to
> the pvrusb2 driver related to the 1950 as of late, so now I am on the
> road to trying to build the latest snapshot.  Would not build can't find
> the tda18271.h.  In ubuntu that file is located
> at /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.28-15-generic/include/config/media/tuner/tda18271.h
> but the build is not finding it.  Have to keep looking I guess into how
> it finds includes.

Hmm, that should simply "work".  I routinely test compile the standalone
driver against a sample kernel tree for everything all the way back to
2.6.12.3 (whether the driver still actually works that far back is a
different question).  Compilation is fine here for all such cases.  The
only explanation I can come up with is a .config difference.  I would
expect that a distro-supplied kernel should have things like DVB
enabled...