[pvrusb2] HVR 1950 Remote.

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Oct 23 23:02:49 CDT 2009

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009, Nicholas Robbins wrote:

> > > --- On Sun, 10/11/09, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > Yeah, that's what I wanted to see.  Thanks.
> >

> > > also, seems like I may have some rebooting issues, the
> > soft boot
> > > seemed ok, but a hard reboot might have things a
> > little foobared.
> >
> > Can you be a little more specific?  Hard reboot of the
> > host?  Power
> > cycle the device?
> >
> >   -Mike
>

> Hard rebooting the host left the system in the following state: The
> other two tuners (one USB, on miniPCI) took a while (~2 minutes)
> before udev could sort them out. The system ignored usb keyboard
> input, and ssh sessions were hanging after about a minute.
>
> Again, a soft reboot fixed the problems.

Just hitting the reset button on your PC doesn't give anything a chance
to cleanly shut down.  For example, open ssh sessions now have to time
out in order to close - or at least they must hang around until the host
comes back and can issue RST to those open sessions.  I can't
specifically address what you are seeing on the USB side except to
observe that it looks like it has nothing to do with the pvrusb2 driver.