[pvrusb2] WinTV-HVR-1950 will not load firmware

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Oct 23 16:18:01 CDT 2009

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009, Michael Krufky wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:

   [...]

> > The problem he's describing looks a lot like the FX2 firmware is not
> > correct.  That has nothing to do with tuner / demod components.  Ken
> > e-mailed me directly 2 days ago with other issues involving firmware
> > extraction - I just hadn't replied yet (I did a few minutes ago
> > however).  There are a number of avenues to chase to get that FX2
> > firmware straightened out.  I will followup on this later tonight once I
> > have the right pieces in front of me to help.
>
> Mike,
>
> Are you sure this isn't the "dont disconnect from usb" problem that
> you fixed a few months ago?

I'm not sure of anything at the moment :-)

But given what I've seen in the past it smells like bad firmware.  The
key symptom is that it didn't come back to life for him after the FX2
firmware was reloaded - and then when he let Windows load the firmware
he got a lot farther.

A little voice is telling me that Hauppauge has probably updated the
driver CD and that this is (at least temporarily) complicating the
firmware part of the setup process.