[pvrusb2] Aspect ratio trouble

Bernhard Geier geierb at geierb.de
Wed Sep 2 14:41:42 CDT 2009

> Hi,
>
> this is the PALplus-thing we already had some discussion about. (I guess
> so, because of the authors .de-postfix in his e-mail-address) The
> additional lines to reconstruct an anamorphic image are hidden in the
> black letterbox-bars and aren't decoded by pvrusb2. This format is
> advertised as 16:9 in Germany.

Yes, I'm from Germany.
But I'm not really sure if this has to do something with PALplus. I've
read quite a lot about PALplus the last few days, and as far as I know
only public broadcasters like ARD, ZDF and Arte use PALplus. And I have
this black-borders issue with RTL and ProSieben (didn't even try with
the public channels).
Correct me if I'm wrong.