[pvrusb2] AVerMedia HC80 AVerTV Hybrid ExpressCard/54 support?

Bill Paxton goawaypleaseus at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 22:25:00 CDT 2010

--- On Tue, 4/13/10, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:

> (BTW, do you have a URL that points to the vendor's product page for
> this device?)

My bad. Certainly!

Here's the link from AVerMedia's site:
http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=137

And the 2-sheet barker in PDF format:
http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/Upload/ProductImages/AVerTV%20Hybrid%20ExpressCard(HC80).pdf

> Question: Is this device purely a tuner or does it have additional
> analog inputs?  For example are there composite or s-video inputs
> available?  Is so, then it is possible to break down the porting effort
> somewhat

Cool. Because yes, it has the "usual"... composite input, SVid input, stereo RCA input, FM tuner, IR receiver - actually 2, one on each side, since laptop slots can vary which side of the computer they are on. The ATSC/FM antennas connect via the standard micro coax type connectors. There's an RG-type adapter for cable or rooftop HDTV antenna. The composite/svid/audio is on a breakout header.

All those defines I put in because the ICs do reside on the device.

Hmm, to add some visual arts to this, here's the top of the HC80 when I dissected it: (notice the dual IR receivers)
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8163/hc80dissected1200x1100.jpg

> I'm not totally convinced yet that the I2C bus is working.  But that
> i2cscan=1 experiment would probably prove the case.

[root at lappy]# modprobe pvrusb2 i2c_scan=1

pvrusb2_a: i2c scan beginning
pvrusb2_a: i2c scan: found device @ 0x44
pvrusb2_a: i2c scan: found device @ 0x51
pvrusb2_a: i2c scan done.