[pvrusb2] AVerMedia HC80 AVerTV Hybrid ExpressCard/54 support?

Bill Paxton goawaypleaseus at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 22:23:15 CDT 2010

--- On Wed, 4/14/10, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:

> Congratulations, the FX2 is already operating
> (the FX2 firmware is required for I2C transactions
> to work properly).  Assuming that you didn't first
> start the device from Windows, then yes it is able
> to load its FX2 firmware from its own local ROM.

No Windows driver pre-load. No Windows partitions on this machine actually. That I2C scan was from a clean insertion followed immediately by the modprobe...

> The 0x51 device is very likely your local ROM (the FX2 has
> enough built-in smarts to bootstrap from a locally connected
> I2C ROM chip).
>
> The 0x44 device I suspect to be your cx25840, but I'm a
> little puzzled as to why the driver couldn't initialize
> it correctly.
>
> There's a lot more to be done.  Probably would be best
> to meet up on IRC and discuss this.  Unfortunately I'm
> pretty much unavailable for the next 7 days
> (heading out to a convention for my "other" hobby).
> After that we can try to coordinate getting this device
> working (and I can also finally do a serious chase on
> the oops problem discussed last week,  AND I can get
> the Gotview fix pushed up as well)...

Hey if I can be a motivator to get not only my own card going but spruce up other stuff you've been slackin' on, hurray! I'll send you an off-list email with contact info, so we can realtime. If we're on different schedules or can't seem to meet up, I'm willing to go -- as far as necessary. The far end of which is just setting up a fresh dev environment on a blank drive or UBB key and give you root; you can ssh in and work your magic on your schedule. (in fact I can do this even if we are on the same schedule; programmer's preference, you know?) :^)

Thanks, and have fun at your convention,
BP