[pvrusb2] Still getting kernel oops on pvrusb2 driver removal

JE Geiger james.e.geiger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:59:58 CDT 2010

I will recompile when the final 2.6.34 is released and rerun with more
kernel debug enabled.

It does spew quite a few kernel object debug messages on load.

Also, once I get the final, I will try to duplicate and capture the
lost oops regarding 6b poison and task structure cleanup.

Maybe clues, I don't know.

Many of the comments I read regarding similar oops from other
subsystems commented about calling the string length function with a
garbage pointer.  Typical of some dereference of some pointer in some
structure after the structure had been freed.

Good news is that the pvrusb2 works fine in 2.6.34-rc5 even if it
craters on rmmod.  Just use it and don't unload it.