[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20100424

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Apr 24 15:43:55 CDT 2010

A new pvrusb2 driver snapshot is available.  The changes are:

  (+) Fix kernel oops caused by touching deleted memory after
      unregistration.  This bug was introduced when we had started
      using video_device_node_name() to generate the device name.
      Rearranged the code a bit to let video_device_node_name() to do
      its thing before we actually unregister the device.

  (+) Implement ability to mark support for specific devices as being
      experimental.  The Terratec Grabster AV400 is one such device
      (note that it isn't yet listed in any of the pvrusb2
      documentation either).

  (+) Avoid use of stack-allocated memory for USB buffer I/O.  The
      pvrusb2 driver has been doing this without issue for years; only
      now has this apparently become a problem in the Linux kernel.
      With the 2.6.34 kernel, stack-based USB buffers generate nasty
      messages to the kernel log.

  (+) Fix operation of RF tuner with Gotview hardware.  This bug was
      introduced back when the driver implemented the sub-device model
      of module control.  The root cause was that the tda9887 module
      needs to be explicitly loaded with the new model (with the old
      model it was automatic), and I had missed with this the Gotview
      device definition.

As usual, the pvrusb2 web site can be found at:

  http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.html