[pvrusb2] WinTV PVR2 issues

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Dec 19 15:57:26 CST 2010

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010, Lorne Shantz wrote:

> Sorry Mike. I meant to say TV-Viewer! I was using tvtime on my old pci
> card. That was the last recommendation you made must prior to Myth.
> Almost missed it. The view is crystal clear now, instead of the nasty
> ol grainy pci card. AWESOME.
>
> Tv-Viewer 0.8.1.1 works great. Recording, playing, timeshifting, all
> of it. Perplexed why absolutely nothing else would work though. Unless
> now that I have rebooted, that would work too. ??

That makes far more sense.  The author of TV-Viewer used a pvrusb2
device as one of his development targets...

But yes, if TV-Viewer is working for you, then the driver is completely
healthy and the remaining problems, if any, must have to do with the
application.  If a reboot was the last step before TV-Viewer then you
may be right about retrying those other apps.