[pvrusb2] Only 6 lines in dmesg for OnAir GT

Dean red1 at linuxstation.net
Fri Feb 26 23:54:35 CST 2010

I am using Mandriva 2010.0 Linux.  When I connect my OnAir GT it makes only 6 lines in dmesg.

usb 1-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 10
usb 1-3: New USB device found, idVendor=11ba, idProduct=1101
usb 1-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 1-3: Product: USB HDTV-GT(1.1)
usb 1-3: Manufacturer: OnAirSolution

Why is it not trying to load the firmware?  My Hauppauge HVR-850 makes a lot more lines in dmesg, including some lines that show it looking for and loading firmware.  Shouldn't this OnAir GT be doing the same?

I guess the pvrusb2 driver is included in my kernel, because I found the following file.
/lib/modules/2.6.31.12-desktop586-1mnb/kernel/drivers/media/video/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.ko.gz

I have already placed v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw into /lib/firmware/ so it is available whenever the driver wants to load it.

Dean