[pvrusb2] Only 6 lines in dmesg for OnAir GT

Dean red1 at linuxstation.net
Sun Feb 28 05:39:03 CST 2010

For a while I suspected a bug in Mandriva 2010.0 as the reason that pvrusb2 would not load when I connected my OnAir GT, however today I tested four live CD distros besides my installed Mandriva.  These are all recent releases from fall 2009, less than 6 months old.  The distros are Fedora, Suse, Kubuntu, Debian.

Result was the same with all; when connecting the OnAir GT I got either 2 or 6 lines in dmesg from the USB stack, depending on the distro.  After that nothing, pvrusb2 did not load.  I also tested each distro with my HVR-850; dmesg showed many more lines including an attempt to load firmware.

I still don't have a clue about why none of these live CD distros will load pvrusb2 when I connect the onAir GT.

Dean