[pvrusb2] Only 6 lines in dmesg for OnAir GT

Dean red1 at linuxstation.net
Sun Feb 28 13:20:30 CST 2010

I tried your suggestions only with Mandriva, not the other four distros.  So far I've not been able to load the driver in Mandriva.  By the way, it looks like all of Mandriva's kernel drivers/modules exist on the disk only as .gz files.

I looked in some of my log files for any record of the USB stack calling the kernel module.  I don't know much about it but it seems like there should be some log that says a certain module has been called and found/not found.  Unfortunately I didn't find any such logs, and as this is not my area of expertise I opened a Mandriva bug report about the issue.

I have a working HVR-850 which uses the em28xx kernel module.  I was able to replicate the pvrusb2 problem with the HVR-850 just by renaming the em28xx directory where it's .gz drivers are stored.  After renaming, connecting the HVR-850 resulted in just a few lines, maybe 6, in dmesg buffer, and no error message.

Dean