[pvrusb2] HP / Adaptec AVC-3610 support in PVRUSB2 ?

Greg Tippitt gtippitt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 02:09:20 CDT 2011

   Mike or Nick,
   I've read a series of old messages in Sep-Oct 2010 regarding the
   AVC-3610, but I wasn't clear if the AVC-3610 device might work with
   PVRUSB or not.  Will they work now, or have you had time to make a
   guess if they might work in the future?
   These discontinued AVC-3610's are extremely affordable for a dual tuner
   ATSC device. If the driver may be working in the near future, or
   workable with some creativity, I may go ahead and buy one to try out
   with Unbuntu, as they are cheap enough it's not much of a risk.  I
   don't program in C, so I'm not any help with the programming of the
   driver.  I can help with testing, debugging, documentation if you need
   help.  I worked for 20 years in other languages and am good at hardware
   configuration.  (I can't believe I just volunteered to do
   documentation!)
   I would like to thank you and everyone that works on PVRUSB2. I
   recently bought a discontinued OnAir Sasem (aka Autumnwave) HDTV USB
   2.0 tuner on eBay for almost nothing.  Even though the company went out
   of business, your instructions were so easy to follow for loading the
   firmware, I had the device working in almost no time at all.  The wait
   for the device to scan for my local channels took more time that the
   entire rest of the installation!  Thank you for providing support for
   these old devices.  Old hardware that is cheap, but still very useful,
   has enabled me to begin putting together a MythTV system that I could
   not afford otherwise.  My wife and I are disabled and live on a fixed
   income, so brand new "tech toys" are normally outside of my budget. You
   help out lots of people and keep more stuff from going in the landfill.
   Thanks,
   Greg