[pvrusb2] Terratec Grabster AV400 and 2.6.37

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Feb 6 14:47:16 CST 2011

On Sat, 5 Feb 2011, Sven Barth wrote:

> On 05.02.2011 18:35, Sven Barth wrote:
> > I changed the routing from
> > CX25840_SVIDEO_LUMA3|CX25840_SVIDEO_CHROMA4
> > CX25840_SVIDEO_LUMA2|CX25840_SVIDEO_CHROMA4
> > and now the picture is stable and centered. The only remaining problem
> > is, that it is black and white, but this can also be related to the
> > source signal. I'll investigate this further.
>
> Ok, color works. It was a problem of the input signal. I have now simply
> plugged the S-video output of my graphic card into the S-video input of the
> AV400 and I have a colored picture of my monitor inside mplayer :D

Great!

The other possibility that I would have suggested is typical for
S-Video:  When routing S-Video, the chrominance is a separate input, so
if that input configuration were wrong a very common symptom is that you
get B&W video.

At this point, are there any other issues you see with this hardware as
operated by the pvrusb2 driver?  If not, I will remove its
"experimental" status.

Can anyone else test this hardware?