[pvrusb2] Terratec Grabster AV400 and 2.6.37

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 6 15:10:38 CST 2011

On 06.02.2011 21:47, Mike Isely wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2011, Sven Barth wrote:
>
>> On 05.02.2011 18:35, Sven Barth wrote:
>>> I changed the routing from
>>> CX25840_SVIDEO_LUMA3|CX25840_SVIDEO_CHROMA4
>>> CX25840_SVIDEO_LUMA2|CX25840_SVIDEO_CHROMA4
>>> and now the picture is stable and centered. The only remaining problem
>>> is, that it is black and white, but this can also be related to the
>>> source signal. I'll investigate this further.
>>
>> Ok, color works. It was a problem of the input signal. I have now simply
>> plugged the S-video output of my graphic card into the S-video input of the
>> AV400 and I have a colored picture of my monitor inside mplayer :D
>
> Great!
>
> The other possibility that I would have suggested is typical for
> S-Video:  When routing S-Video, the chrominance is a separate input, so
> if that input configuration were wrong a very common symptom is that you
> get B&W video.

No, it was the input signal, because before I've simply used a
scart<->s-video/cinch adapter. While this works without problems in the
direction s-video->scart the other way around does not work that well -
or my receiver (the signal source) does not generate a clean s-video
signal (perhaps I need to configure the output...).

But S-video from the graphic card works :D

> At this point, are there any other issues you see with this hardware as
> operated by the pvrusb2 driver?  If not, I will remove its
> "experimental" status.

I personally see no more problems. But I only tested the combination
composite+pal-b in the long term, s-video+pal-b was only tested
yesterday and other TV standards weren't tested by me.

 From my perspective the device works as I expect it (and as I've
already said: it does that better than on Windows :D )

> Can anyone else test this hardware?

Let's hope that the other users that helped with this are still around...

Regards,
Sven