[pvrusb2] HVR1900 noisy video

Martin MAURER martinmaurer at gmx.at
Mon Jan 24 12:38:28 CST 2011

Hi Mike,

thanks for the information so far.

If I can do anything to help to debug this, just tell me. I am software
developer myself, but I don't have any knowledge about this topic.

My personal first priority would be to find a workaround to reliably
initialize the tuner correctly during startup. Currently I do:
- tune to an analog frequency
- record 5 seconds
- run a dvb scan

Yet I still get the problem with videos recorded afterwards. When I do a
dvb scan manually afterwards it somehow fixes itself. I have no idea why
the automatic approach of doing the scan would make any difference. (I
pipe the output to a file during startup, so I am definitely sure that
the dvb scan is done)

regards,
Martin