[pvrusb2] Terratec Grabster AV400 on 2.6.39

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Mon Jun 13 06:48:37 CDT 2011

Le 13/06/2011 12:09, Sven Barth a écrit :
> Hello Mike!
>
> I just wanted to let you know that I now have a 2.6.39 kernel and my
> Terratec Grabster AV400 works without any work done by me.
>
> Thank you very much for helping me here and also thanks to the others
> who tried to get the AV400 working the years before. :)
>
> Regards,
> Sven

Hi Sven, Mike and all.

I have an AV 450, not 400, and I recently signed up on this list after
talking with Mike about adding support for the 450.

Since the AV 400 and AV 450 look quite similar, I've done a quick and
dirty comparison of files created by the AV 400 and 450 installers
(running each one in an empty Wine config), and it seems the only
different file is p2usbhum.sys, and it differs in only three places,
respectively 2, 6 and 256 bytes -- the rest of the 1.6mb file is the same.

So I'm planning to clone an AV 450 config struct from the AV 400 one in
pvrusb2 and see what gives, but if anyone has already done it, just let
me know. :)

Amicalement,
--
Albert.