[pvrusb2] Terratec Grabster AV400 on 2.6.39

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 13 07:22:06 CDT 2011

On 13.06.2011 13:48, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> I have an AV 450, not 400, and I recently signed up on this list after
> talking with Mike about adding support for the 450.
>
> Since the AV 400 and AV 450 look quite similar, I've done a quick and
> dirty comparison of files created by the AV 400 and 450 installers
> (running each one in an empty Wine config), and it seems the only
> different file is p2usbhum.sys, and it differs in only three places,
> respectively 2, 6 and 256 bytes -- the rest of the 1.6mb file is the same.

Alone from the pictures of the device they seem to look very similiar
indeed.

> So I'm planning to clone an AV 450 config struct from the AV 400 one in
> pvrusb2 and see what gives, but if anyone has already done it, just let
> me know. :)

I haven't done it, but I have a first suggestion for you:

In pvrusb2-devattr.c in the array pvr2_device_table you could copy the
following entry (located at the end of the array):

         { USB_DEVICE(0x0ccd, 0x0039),
           .driver_info = (kernel_ulong_t)&pvr2_device_av400},

And replace the second value in "USB_DEVICE" with the device ID of your
AV450 (check with lsusb).

If the two devices are similar technically as well then this should
already be it. ;)

Regards,
Sven