[pvrusb2] Support for Terratec Grabster AV 450MX

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sun Jun 19 03:18:28 CDT 2011

Hi all,

With the help of Sven Barth (thanks!) I have determined that my Terratec
Grabster AV 450MX is in fact compatible with the Terratec Grabster
AV400MX for which 2.6.39 has native support.

This was tested by cloning the AV 400MX entry at the end of the array
pvr2_device_table in file pvrusb2-devattr.c, with the cloned entry
product ID changed from the original 0x0039 (ID of the 400MX) to 0x10a8
(ID of the 450MX). Under the resulting kernel, my 450MX behaved
identically well (quirk-for-quirk, even) as Sven's 400MX.

So now the question is how do I go about adding the 450MX officially to
pvrusb2?

As for the modifications themselves, the simplest and safest way would
be to keep a single 400MX/450MX struct pvr2_device_desc for both 400 and
450 (like I did upon Sven's advice), and change descriptions and
possibly identifiers, e.g. turn

	.description = "Terratec Grabster AV400",

into

	.description = "Terratec Grabster AV400MX/AV450MX",

... throughout the code to make it clear that both products are supported.

As for the process: Mike, what is the process for submitting /
discussing patches? Should I post a .patch here? a git diff, or a git
format-patch? Or do you prefer to do the change yourself, considering
how small it is?

Amicalement,
--
Albert.