[pvrusb2] how do I tune to digital broadcasts?

Fumiaki Okushi fumiaki at okushi.com
Thu May 5 01:18:29 CDT 2011

Hi,

I have a WinTV-HVR-1950 and am trying to tune to digital broadcasts.
So far, I've managed to get the firmware loaded and the "scan" tool is
able to list local TV stations.
Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to tune to a particular TV station.
I understand that for digital broadcasts, I have to go through the dvb
interface (and not pvrusb2's sysfs interface).
Is there a simple utility to tune to a particular digital TV station?

I'm running Debian Wheezy on i386 hardware.
I am in the US.

Thanks,
Fumi(aki) Okushi